If you aren’t looking for this West African nation, you will have trouble finding it. The airline attendant that helped us at the kiosk on the way out of Atlanta had to ask where it was. It’s a nation of approximately 16 million people that speak French and other tribal languages.
Keith Shumaker: The mission work of Keith and Rebecca Shumaker is in its 6th year in Burkina and is seeing great results. The best way to measure them is by looking at the caliber of men he is training in the Bible College and the churches. The response to the gospel is visible in the changes that have taken place in so many lives.
Bible College: The Bible College will have seven graduates this year that have completed their four year studies and are already pastoring or working in leadership positions in their churches. Konaté, Salif, Simón, Giblert, Tali, Mamadou and Rogé will be graduating. The Bible college building is approximately 70% complete and also houses the church at Cissin.
· Pastor Konaté leads the church at Cissin is currently planning a new church plant in Kaya, a city to the northeast of Ouagadougou. This church has its own land and building.
· Pastor Tali leads the church at Tingandogo, a suburb of Ouagadougou. This church is meeting in a smaller building but will soon finish its new building on the property and will move services there.
· Pastor Salif leads the church at the village of Roungou. This village is northeast of Ouagadougou where the people speak Mooré.
· Pastor Mamadou leads the church at Saonré. This church has land and buildings but must get its final paperwork complete on the land title.
· Pastor Zachary leads the church at Bassinko, a suburb of Ougadougou. The church has a large tract of land, a church building and a house for the pastor.
New Churches Planned:
· Pissila is a city close to the village of Roungou.
· Koudougou is a city about 80 miles west of Ouagadougou.
· Kaya is half way between Roungu and Ouagadougou.
Partners in the mission
: Contact David Lundy at email@example.com
to find out how you can make a trip to Burkina Faso, or help out with the work there. Also go to www.theharvest.net
to contact Keith Shumaker.